The government is continuing to provide funding to improve the provision of physical education (P.E.) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of P.E. and sport in schools.
At St. Ann's we recognise the importance of providing high quality Physical Education, together with sport and physical activity opportunities for all our children. We believe that P.E., sport and physical activity support the learning and development of well-rounded individuals, impacting on progress and attainment as well as desirable personal qualities.
The majority of the funding is used to employ our P.E. Specialist Teacher who teaches classes throughout the school and provides professional development for teachers.
Also we are planning to:
- Continue and further develop the many sporting enrichment opportunities we offer out of school hours for all the children
- Continue and further develop competitive sports with our school teams.
- Focus on the importance of developing a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Provide targeted physical intervention groups to support learning.
- Develop sport leadership in our children.
- Foster enjoyment, a sense of fulfilment and desire to participate in a variety of physical activities.
- Purchase gym equipment.
- Raise the profile of P.E. and healthy living in lessons and assemblies.
The sports premium allocation for the year 2019 / 2020 is £19,523
SWIMMING DATA 2018 / 2019
For the year 2018 / 2019 academic year, schools are required to publish how many pupils within their Year 6 cohort are meeting the national swimming curriculum requirement. Children should be able to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, using a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations.
- 90% of our Year 6 children can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25m.
- 90% of our Year 6 children can use a range of strokes effectively.
- 73% of our Year 6 children can perform safe, self rescue in different water based situations.
The date of the next pupil premium strategy review meeting is Thursday 11th July 2019.